Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This is what is going on in Dallas today

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Debu

Debu

This is what is going on in Dallas today Empty
PostSubject: This is what is going on in Dallas today   This is what is going on in Dallas today I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:31 pm

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/010908dnmethonorflag.775f6c2.html

I posted the link, cuz I couldn't get a good text of it to C&P. This is a crying shame. I saw some of the memorial service from last night, with the former gang members speaking about Officer Smith. If you look at the map of the procession, at the 635/35 intersection, is where I work. We are gonna try to get out there to see it, but if we can't, we can see it from our 6th floor. They pulled out all the stops. Potters House is where Bishop TD Jakes preaches, I don't know if he is doing the service or not.

Man, you cannot be living in this city and not be living a little quieter today, out of respect. It's true. Even my little Indian 7-11 guy told me it was a sad day, and for me to be careful. I do get great joy out of making fun of Dallas, but I can, cuz it is mine. Today, I am pretty proud. Oh yeah, and the fire stations are gonna send out their tankers, and every overpass on the highways they are gonna cross their ladders, and I think some might be pumping the water arches too. If I see any pics, I will send you one. It is a sight to see. The cities all get together and do it for all fallen police and firemen.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: This is what is going on in Dallas today   This is what is going on in Dallas today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:13 am

Oh God how sad.

There was one in Jackson one time. It crossed near the intersection where Jonathan worked.

I saw people get out of their cars and put their hands over their hearts. You can't help but cry. I will say this, it's a beautiful thing to see.

I was reading the comment section. Glenn watches the First 48. If they rerun it again I'll try to catch the one with him in it.

I feel so bad for his family.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: This is what is going on in Dallas today   This is what is going on in Dallas today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:20 am

I know. I tell ya, most Dallasites, like me are completely jaded when it comes to anything related to the city, the council, the school district, the PD and FD. We have a complete corrupt system. Now, Kunkel, he has done a good job of cleaning up the PD, and has apparantly garnered a LOT more respect than I had imagined, for everyone to be so affected and supportive of the PD at this time. It gives me a scootch of hope. Not alot, just a scootch.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: This is what is going on in Dallas today   This is what is going on in Dallas today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:23 am

We're living in terrible times. This is proof.

WTH happened to this country ???
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: This is what is going on in Dallas today   This is what is going on in Dallas today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:33 am

I would say greed. Plain and simple. Materialistic greed.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: This is what is going on in Dallas today   This is what is going on in Dallas today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:43 am

I had the greed conversation with Jonathan about 3 days ago.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: This is what is going on in Dallas today   This is what is going on in Dallas today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:49 am

I'm going on a rant this morning. This story has just put me at the end of my rope today. His kids and his wife's lives are permanently damaged because of the attitude of people who have more rights than this dead police officer. This makes me cry and then it makes me mad!

I watched the unemployment numbers this morning - it is up to 7.2%. We are losing the value of our homes, our jobs are at risk and our whole way of life is at risk. Crime is at an all time high and decent people (like police) are getting shot at, stabbed at, and killed by lowlife criminals who do not value anyone else's right to live.

This is the fault of politicians - mostly democrats and now the republicans who have given in to the democrats for years.

Having babies out of wedlock is a badge of honor these days and the more the merrier! Women have babies and don't get married and get welfare while their baby daddy is out working earning money and she's still getting welfare for the kids. I'm not a morally judgmental person at all and I don't see any problem with single women having babies and I don't think premarital sex is sinful. But when your bad choices lead to taxpayers paying for those bad choices, then I'll get pissed.

Our economy is in the dumper because of the mortgage meltdown and the high price of gas last summer. It's not because of the war. I still blame Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, and Nancy Pelosi. They took it upon themselves to force banks to give mortgages to people who could not pay for them, or allowed it to continue. Because the politicians have refused to allow for companies to drill for oil in this country to sustain ourselves, the price of gas went sky high last summer. I can guarantee you that is when the unemployment problems started because businesses who have fleets and must use gas couldn't absorb the doubling of the gas price so they laid people off or even closed.

We are living in a gimme/selfish mentality in this country and it's only getting worse. People think they are entitled to the good life without working for it and they are raising their kids the same fucking way. And they will commit crimes to do it. But, because of liberals and the ACLU, criminals are treated better than their victims. So what deters people from committing crimes and killing police who are seriously underpaid and overworked.

The politicians are ruining this country. They don't know what they are doing, they are dishonest, commit criminal acts to make themselves richer, and make promises they won't keep just to get elected. Why the hell would someone spend a gazillion dollars to get elected to a job that pays in the low six figures?

It's not going to get better - it's going to get worse. And as usual, those of us who are responsible and law-abiding are the ones who pay.

Oh yeah, Obama's spending up to $50 million for his inauguration. Niiiiiiiiccee!

Barney Frank and Chris Dodd should be in prison.

END OF RANT!!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: This is what is going on in Dallas today   This is what is going on in Dallas today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:55 am

Yeah Emily. What you said. I am effing sick and tired of all of this sense of entitlement mentality, I tell ya. My goal for myself is to become as self-sufficient as humanly possible. I plan on buying a house after I hit my one year mark, and I plan on stayin in it forever, or until I find a better place to live. I will be doing all kinds of hippie things, like canning my own food. People been calling me a hippie for years, but I tell you, it is about self-preservation. I think that what is going to help people survive going forward is the ability to provide for themselves, and that might mean more than just having $$ to go to the store.

I paid 20 cents more a gallon for gas today, than I did a week ago. At the same station. That ain't right. We are headed for bad times, and I say eff them all. Time to cull the herd if you ask me. Darwin needs to get busy!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: This is what is going on in Dallas today   This is what is going on in Dallas today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:01 am

WOW...It's hard for me to read and see right now cause that story made my eyes fill with tears.
I watch the First 48 and I'm gonna watch for that one too.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: This is what is going on in Dallas today   This is what is going on in Dallas today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:10 am

Dan says it's time for a Boston tea party or a tax revolt. These damn politicians are ruining this country. I hate to say it, but we need Ronald Reagan to come back.

I would seriously like to file a lawsuit against the congress and make it a class action lawsuit. I wouldn't ask for money from the government but from the politicians personally. These people are out of control.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: This is what is going on in Dallas today   This is what is going on in Dallas today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:23 am

Sing it sista and sing it LOUD !!!

It's true, every word you wrote.

We're in very bad times, morally and financially. We're a broke country in more ways than one.

I choose to take the high road. I'm like Deb, I am going to do whatever I can to make sure in this household we're okay for the long haul. I don't care if Glenn and Jonathan laugh at my "gathering" of things because when it gets tough, they will be grateful for that gathering. I will have room for another son if need be or for Glenn's grandmother should she decide to live here with us.

With unemployment so high, don't be fooled, things are bad out there. Not depression era bad but it could go either way. Taxing us out of a decent wage ain't the way to go.

We all have to cut back. I mean hard. The next four years are going to be rough for everyone, especially those hurting now.

Gas is up, I mean I saw it yesterday and was WOW, in a week it went up THAT much ??? When that happens you have to give up something immediately. It never goes down as quick as it goes up.

I'm sick of politics. Those people up there must live in a world without radio, tv, wear dark colored glasses, never go shopping or God forbid, listen to the people that elect them. Do they not see what's going on in this country ?????

Honey, we are on our own.

I'm grateful Glenn has this new job. He has a lot of work lasting until he retires which he plans on trying to do in 10 years.

I'm locked in and plan to be here for a long while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is what is going on in Dallas today   This is what is going on in Dallas today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is what is going on in Dallas today
Page 1 of 1