Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cat Questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 4:33 am

That Busta cat has a favorite red mouse toy. The thing has been sewn at least 7 times and is in major need of another repair. I can't find another one like it. He cries and gets depressed when he can't find it. At night I pick it up so he'll have it the next day.

Anyway, he keeps putting it in the water dish. I come in the kitchen and there's water everywhere. For some reason he likes to drown it multiply times a day. Is that normal ??? I've never had a cat do that. If I try to grab it before he dunks it he growls and hisses me. Like when he'd have that lizard in his mouth.

My black cat bit me hard this morning on the soft under part of my arm. I was fussing at that Busta and she turned, got big eyes and bit me. Left a bruise and 3 teeth marks. She never did that before. Lately she's spooked me by trying to creep up in my face. She's not the kind to face rub. Ya think she hates me ??? Sometimes she looks at me mean.

Something else, I now have 2 cats that like drinking sugar water. I was making lemonade for Glenn and when I turned, 2 of them were drinking the sugared water I had in the pitcher. Not just tasting it. I mean drinking like they haven't had water in days. What's up with that ???
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 5:14 am

Poor Busta! I can't figure out what the deal is with his red toy but that's kinda funny. I can't think of why he would be doing that.

The cats drinking lemonade - my cat Gizmo did that when she developed diabetes. Not so much lemonade but she would beg for sweet tea. It'd be weird to have two cats with diabetes like that but maybe they just like the taste of it.

I have a cat behavior book - I'll look and see if I can find anything out about Busta's toy.

How old is the kitty that bit you? My sister's cat attacked her once and she had to put him to sleep because his behavior towards her turned downright scary. And she was in love with that cat - his name was Navin like the movie The Jerk. They never did figure out what was wrong with him.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 5:25 am

Lord have mercy, no more animal problems please? I know nothing about cat behavior, let us know what your book says Em.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 5:57 am

The black one is about 3.

She has never been mean but she does have attitude. She has snappy teeth if you try to pick her up too much. She's a free spirit. Very Happy

That Busta loves his red mouse. He has a blue one but he only plays with it when he can't find the red one. Don't tell me cats don't know color and what they like. I'll put that mouse at the bottom of his toys, put red ones on top and he will sniff that red one out. I did smell it. It has no smell to me.

The sugar water is funny. Neither have diabetes yet they love sugar water.

I guess it won't hurt them. They've been drinking it for a few years now when they can snatch a sneaky drink.

If you see anything in the book let me know.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:33 am

I couldn't find a darn thing in my book but I found something online:

http://www.hdw-inc.com/behaviorswhy.htm

DUNKING FAVORITE TOYS IN FOOD OR WATER BOWL

Has your cat ever dropped his favorite catnip mouse or rubber fetching ball in his water bowl? Or, have you gone to re-fill his food bowl, only to find a special toy of his right in the middle? It just might be that your cat is trying to find a "safe" place for his favorite things. It often happens that the toy that ends up in the water or food bowl is often a toy that has recently been enjoyed by your cat, or even by your cat with you. In the wild, cats often take their prey back to their "nest" area, and hide it from predators. Indoor cats don't really have a "nest" per se, so they often consider their food and water dishes as the "safest" areas within their "territory".
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:38 am

Emily wrote:
I couldn't find a darn thing in my book but I found something online:

http://www.hdw-inc.com/behaviorswhy.htm

DUNKING FAVORITE TOYS IN FOOD OR WATER BOWL

Has your cat ever dropped his favorite catnip mouse or rubber fetching ball in his water bowl? Or, have you gone to re-fill his food bowl, only to find a special toy of his right in the middle? It just might be that your cat is trying to find a "safe" place for his favorite things. It often happens that the toy that ends up in the water or food bowl is often a toy that has recently been enjoyed by your cat, or even by your cat with you. In the wild, cats often take their prey back to their "nest" area, and hide it from predators. Indoor cats don't really have a "nest" per se, so they often consider their food and water dishes as the "safest" areas within their "territory".

Makes sense to me...To me cats have always seemed to be sneaky but they're just smart and know how to handle people.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:08 am

Does my goofy boy not realize the other cats can see it in the water ???

It ain't much of a hiding place.

He has other places too. One was behind the computer desk. I put a stop to that after I duct taped the gap under the 2 sides. I have to leave the pantry open, leave a crack in the bathroom door, he puts it there too. And he puts it under the stove where it is right now.

He's so silly. If one of the others vomits, he scratches to cover it. Just like he does around water.

Oh, he just ate some canned peaches. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:55 am

Shelia wrote:
Does my goofy boy not realize the other cats can see it in the water ???

It ain't much of a hiding place.

He has other places too. One was behind the computer desk. I put a stop to that after I duct taped the gap under the 2 sides. I have to leave the pantry open, leave a crack in the bathroom door, he puts it there too. And he puts it under the stove where it is right now.

He's so silly. If one of the others vomits, he scratches to cover it. Just like he does around water.

Oh, he just ate some canned peaches. Very Happy

Cats - they are so goofy sometimes. In looking up that stuff, I found that cats who scratch right outside of the litter box are trying to tell us something isn't right with their litter box. Lucy does that all the time. I just thought she was trying to keep the whole area clean.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:09 am

He's never done it around the litter box.

He scratches to drink and when someone else vomits.

I think it's so funny.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:12 am

Lucy will scratch when Gabby throws up, too. She's a goofy cat.

She had a piece of poop stuck on her tail today and she has been hiding all day. When I don't see her for a few hours, I know she's got a piece of poop she can't get cleaned off.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:15 am

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!

We had a poop thing yesterday.

Jonathan told Lil she stunk. It hurt her feelings so I cleaned her. Then she ran on my bed and left drag marks on my fresh clean bedspread. Mad
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:12 am

Lucy so badly wants to lick Gabby and clean her but everytime she does Gabby hits her.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:17 am

Emily wrote:
Lucy so badly wants to lick Gabby and clean her but everytime she does Gabby hits her.

so basically what you guys are saying is that 2 cats are more fun than one? bwahahaha!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:28 am

BWAHAHAHA !!!

Yeah. Very Happy

We have lickathons here. I never thought I would see such harmony.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:07 pm

Lilly and Lucy used to clean each other when they were little but as they got older, Lucy used it to make Lilly move so she could get in her spot because Lilly would get mad and run away.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 2:10 am

This morning I woke up to Lil and Busta licking each other.

I kicked them off the bed. They shake the whole bed when they do that.

P.S.

The red rat has been murdered. I found innards on the floor. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:37 am

Quote :
The red rat has been murdered. I found innards on the floor.

RIP little red mouse. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:57 am

Yes, it bit the dust.

He's acting crazy looking for it.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:26 am

Poor lil red mouse....poor Busta. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Questions   Cat Questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cat Questions
Page 1 of 1