Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

In case you miss me..............

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Debu

Debu

In case you miss me.............. Empty
PostSubject: In case you miss me..............   In case you miss me.............. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:23 am

This is where I will be for the rest of the day. Yippee.

MCHRA Presents 2nd Annual Employment Law Symposium

"What You Need to Know Under the New Administration”

Friday, January 30, 2009
at Lone Star Park
Champions Ballroom - 2nd floor

PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE
In Partnership With:
North Texas Society for Human Resource Management, and
Fort Worth Human Resource Management Association

<table class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 64.5pt; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=86 border=0><tr style="mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><td style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top>
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Join us as we welcome human resource professionals of all experience levels, small business owners, and management employees with human resource responsibilities to this annual event.

This interactive program, presented by attorneys from the national employment law firm, Jackson Lewis LLP, will review the latest case law and legislative updates ushered in with the new administration, including updates to the FMLA, the ADA Amendments Act, the Employee Free Choice Act, hiring and firing in a digital age, and more. An event you don't want to miss!

Participants will earn 4 hours of HRCI recertification credit and
1 HRCI Strategic credit is pending.

Agenda

12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. -- Registration

1:00 p.m. – 5:45 p.m. -- Educational Sessions

Session 1

The Employee Free Choice Act

• How to avoid becoming the next Texas employer to become unionized

• The latest developments under the National Labor Relations Act

• Practical tips to staying union free

Session 2

The ADA Amendments Act

• What it is and what employers must do to comply

• What’s changed under the ADA and what hasn’t

• Best practices to reduce claims

• The role of accommodations and interactive dialogue

Session 3

Managing Family, Medical, and Service Member Leave under the New Regulations

• The basics of service member and exigency leave

• Taking control of the leave process

• Best practices to reduce leave-related fraud and abuse

Session 4

HR Compliance in the Information Age

• Essential policies for employee handbooks in the information age

• How to lawfully use information from the internet in hiring and firing

• Telecommuting and flex time - do's and don’ts

5:45 p.m. - 6:45 p.m. -–
Cocktail and Networking Hour

6:45 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. –-
Seated Dinner and Keynote Presentation

Michael Layman, Manager of Employment and Labor Legislation for the Society of Human Resource Management will present:
"HR Governmental Perspective:
Federal Public Policy Issues"

As a result of the November, 2008, elections, the Democratic Party holds the White House and controls both houses of Congress for the first time since 1992. SHRM predicts the 111th Congress will have the most active HR public policy agenda in the last 30 years. Learn about probable legislative initiatives of importance to HR professionals, such as the mandated card check process, paid leave, and health care reform. The presentation will also provide an up-to-date discussion on current federal regulatory activity.

About Our Keynote Speaker

Michael Layman joined SHRM in January, 2007, after more than five years on Capitol Hill, where he served most recently as Legislative Director to U.S. Representative Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania, focusing on labor and economic issues. He was also a Professional Staff Member on the House Government Reform Committee under Chairman Tom Davis of Virginia.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: In case you miss me..............   In case you miss me.............. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:03 am

That looks like a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: In case you miss me..............   In case you miss me.............. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:18 am

Don't it tho? I would rather go to the dentist.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: In case you miss me..............   In case you miss me.............. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:36 am

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

Glenn has some big meeting coming up in March. He says they serve rubber food and shell out big bucks for propaganda.

The keynote speaker sounds like the bomb !!! cherry

Try to stay awake now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: In case you miss me..............   In case you miss me.............. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:38 am

Yeah, and I am going with EVERYONE from my dept, so I can't bring a crossword. Lawsie.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: In case you miss me..............   In case you miss me.............. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:47 am

Oh God.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: In case you miss me..............   In case you miss me.............. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:21 am

Dan's last one like that was in Huntington Beach, California and they stayed at some ritzy resort. It lasted for four days. They had their meetings in the morning and then in the afternoon they planned golf, boating, and other crapola.

Dan hates that kind of stuff and he doesn't play golf. He says it's such a waste to only have meetings in the mornings - he'd rather have it last two days with no fun stuff planned.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: In case you miss me..............   In case you miss me.............. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:28 am

Glenn's March one is in Houston. It just so happens to be the same weekend of a drag race.

Yeah. He'll be gone 5 days. 2 day meeting, 3 day racing.

UH HUH.

Funny how that worked out.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: In case you miss me..............   In case you miss me.............. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:38 am

Shelia wrote:
Glenn's March one is in Houston. It just so happens to be the same weekend of a drag race.

Yeah. He'll be gone 5 days. 2 day meeting, 3 day racing.

UH HUH.

Funny how that worked out.

What a coincidence! Are you going with him?
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: In case you miss me..............   In case you miss me.............. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:43 am

Hey deb, let us know what wonderful changes we can look forward to...pay attention now!

Do you get the happy hour and dinner?
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: In case you miss me..............   In case you miss me.............. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:48 am

No, I'm not going. I wasn't invited.

He's meeting our old neighbor from Clinton.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: In case you miss me..............   In case you miss me.............. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:11 pm

Let's just say we are in a world of shit. Mr. Obama signed off on the EFCA, Employee Free Choice Act, and it relaxes a whole mess of union restrictions, as it relates to recruiting, and the amount necessary for recruiting. The dude that told us that was very vehemently anti-Obama, and you could hear the gasps.

Fuckerheads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In case you miss me..............   In case you miss me.............. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In case you miss me..............
Page 1 of 1