Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Good afternoon ladies!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hummer

hummer

Good afternoon ladies! Empty
PostSubject: Good afternoon ladies!   Good afternoon ladies! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:24 am

Hope everyone is well, I'm reading when I can....which isn't often lately.

I've stopped watching TV and trying to NOT read too much news. I miss EC's links but perhaps it's for the best Shocked

I do look at Red State and this guy caught my eye..... what do you think? He has lots of comments on articles and most of his replies reference some sort of movie character or other great known writer. Great minds think alike?

Re: which in my part of the country barely qualifies as middle-class
The_Gadfly Monday, March 23rd at 11:27AM EDT (link)
Tough luck.

You know, I’m not entirely certain I begrudge the AIG people the bonuses they’ve been paid. Frankly, I don’t know, and I suspect no one else who has commented on the bonuses does either, what the basis of the bonuses was. So they may have been entirely proper given the circumstances of the contracts involved. Or they could be the closest thing to handing a political donor a bag of money that you will see on this side of the eternal divide, in which case I really would want them strung up on the wrack if only that hadn’t been outlawed. But either way, I don’t have the information to determine whether or not the bonus were legal and appropriate.

And I don’t want the government putting salary caps on big businesses that haven’t been bailed out. But quite honestly, the part of the country to which you refer is the part of the country that keeps putting these twits in office and thinking there won’t be any comeuppance. Well, in the words made famous by Jack Nicholson as the Joker “It’s your uncle Bingo. Time to pay the check!”

Nothing against you personally Francis. You’ve given good advice and people ought to heed it, even in this case. If they do, we’ll all be better off. But I don’t expect them to, because they haven’t in the past. And that really will be a tough luck break for all of us. But there is no way in all the 9 levels of hades I’m going to be sympathetic to the people who brought this upon us all.

“I suppose there are two views about everything,” said Mark.
“Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything, until you know the answer. Then there’s never more than one.” [Bill Hingest]

That Hideous Strength
C. S. Lewis
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Good afternoon ladies!   Good afternoon ladies! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:04 am

Very interesting....................I wonder.

You won't believe my sister in Nashvville. She has gotten herself involved as one of the organizers of the Tea Party on 04/15. My sister has been about as apolitical as anyone could ever be but she's pissed off. She is planning the tea party in her county (the county just north of Nashville) and helping with the one in Nashville. She's become an activist and I think it's great!
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Good afternoon ladies!   Good afternoon ladies! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:26 am

Good for your sis!

No Tea Party around here that I can find.... I need to get off my dead ass and organize it myself.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Good afternoon ladies!   Good afternoon ladies! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:33 am

your sister rocks!

None around here either that I can find.

Too bad too cus I know alot of people would go!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Good afternoon ladies!   Good afternoon ladies! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:50 am

We are having one here. Tax Day on the riverwalk. 20 or so minutes from the house. I may wander over there and get pictures. They have combined the protest with a food drive. That I like.

http://sites.google.com/site/shreveportbossierprotest/Home
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Good afternoon ladies!   Good afternoon ladies! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:22 am

That is cool Sheila!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Good afternoon ladies!   Good afternoon ladies! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:24 am

Hummer, I'm impressed how involved your sister is.

Yeah Deb, if anything it will fill up pantries around here. That to me is the most important part of going.

And to see funny signs.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Good afternoon ladies!   Good afternoon ladies! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:54 am

Shelia wrote:
Hummer, I'm impressed how involved your sister is.

Yeah Deb, if anything it will fill up pantries around here. That to me is the most important part of going.

And to see funny signs.

It's my sister who's gone off the edge into the abyss of politics. Come to think of it - does Hummer have any sisters?
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Good afternoon ladies!   Good afternoon ladies! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:37 am

It's my sister who's gone off the edge into the abyss of politics. Come to think of it - does Hummer have any sisters?[/quote]

Yeah, I have 2. A needy one and a gay one remember?

And then there's my forum sista's that mean so much to me! We are closer than sisters. sunny
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Good afternoon ladies!   Good afternoon ladies! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:09 am

hummer wrote:
It's my sister who's gone off the edge into the abyss of politics. Come to think of it - does Hummer have any sisters?

Yeah, I have 2. A needy one and a gay one remember?

And then there's my forum sista's that mean so much to me! We are closer than sisters. sunny[/quote]

Brothers - you don't have brothers, right? Or I'm just losing my memory because now I remember your two sisters.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Good afternoon ladies!   Good afternoon ladies! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:44 am

OOOOPS

I'm sorry. I was not paying attention. Very Happy

I meant well.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Good afternoon ladies!   Good afternoon ladies! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 3:21 am

Shelia wrote:
OOOOPS

I'm sorry. I was not paying attention. Very Happy

I meant well.

Ha ha! I never pay attention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good afternoon ladies!   Good afternoon ladies! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good afternoon ladies!
Page 1 of 1