Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The man that wouldn't die

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

The man that wouldn't die Empty
PostSubject: The man that wouldn't die   The man that wouldn't die I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:49 am

Man Shot By Wife Recently Pulled From House Fire

WINTER SPRINGS, Fla. -- A Seminole County woman appeared in court Monday afternoon after being accused of trying to kill her husband and then trying to cover up the crime. At Monday's first appearance the judge ruled no bond for 44-year-old Kimberly Boone and she is not allowed to have contact with her husband or children.

WFTV has found a possible motive that investigators are considering for Kimberly Boone to shoot her husband. Reporter Elizabeth Artz discovered State Farm cut the couple a $300,000 check for a house fire Robert Boone barely survived.

WFTV has learned that Boone's home caught fire December 18 and at the time no one was home except Robert Boone. The family dog was not home either, which one neighbor said was odd because the family dog was always in the house. In fact, the same neighbor pulled Robert from the burning home and 3 months later Robert Boone is recovering from gunshot wounds.

Channel nine sources said the fire was so suspicious to State Farm, its own investigative unit started digging. According to the source, the insurer didn't have enough evidence to fight it and within the last six weeks paid the family nearly $300,000.

"We have heard that too, we have not confirmed it yet, if that is the case it's concerning and something we will take a very hard look at," said Clark.

Investigators are also looking at the Boone's financial records and if there was another person involved.

"Lucky he's alive he's got more than 9 lives," said another neighbor.

The State Fire Marshal's Office closed the case nearly two and a half weeks ago. Robert Boone told his neighbors his laptop battery caused the fire.

At approximately 5:45am Sunday, deputies responded to 714 Boysenberry Ct, in Winter Springs, regarding a call of a possible residential burglary with shots fired. Upon arrival deputies found 41-year-old Robert Boone in the bedroom with a gunshot wound to the chest.

Deputies said they were suspicious about the apparent home invasion from the moment they showed up at the home, because there were no signs of forced entry. Officers were able to hear a 911 call that Kimberly Boone made, claiming someone shot her husband inside their garage.

"Somebody just broke in my house and my husband was shot," Kimberly Boone said.

She claimed it was a home invasion even tried to stop the bleeding and comfort him.

"No, no we're not going to let you die Rob," she said.

"You could hear in the background him asking her if it was her that shot him," said Lt. James Clark of the Seminole County Sheriff's Office.

"No, I did not shoot you sweetheart," said Kimberly Boone to her husband.

The official incident report says that Boone lured her husband into their garage in the middle of the night and shot him. The couple's two children were also in the home at the time of the incident. They are currently in the care of relatives. Police have since charged Kimberly Boone with attempted murder in the first-degree.

However, when deputies arrived and starting asking questions, Rob was able to tell them a different story.

"I thought it was her, I thought she shot me," said Robert Boone.

"This looks a little too calculated, this is not an accident," said Lieutenant Clark.

At the time, Kimberley Boone denied it.

"Rob, I did not shoot you sweetheart I was in with the boys," she said.

Dispatchers could then hear the voice of Kimberly Boone say, "Of course I didn't shoot you."

Their two small children were home at the time, neighbors say the boys are five and seven years old. At one point one of the kids came in the room where their dad lay bleeding.

"Go back in with your brother, go in with your brother ok, it's ok, ok climb up in the bed. He won't leave," said Boone to her children.

Investigators said she finally admitted to them during an interrogation she shot at her husband three times. At one point during the interrogation, Boone claimed that she had amnesia and could not recall what happened.

Mr. Boone was transported to Orlando Regional Medical Center by ambulance with non-life threatening injuries.

"What we're trying to do now is to seek to find whether or not this was premeditated, and right now it doesn't look good," Lt. Clark said.

Former neighbors of the couple told WFTV reporter Elizabeth Artz that Robert and Kimberly both had permits to carry guns and an impressive gun collection.

Investigators believe Boone intended to shoot to kill and did not expect her husband to survive the bullet wounds from the high-powered .357 revolver. Deputies located the discarded gun just outside the Boone's garage.

Only one of the three bullets fired struck her husband. The bullet hit him in the chest and exited straight out of his back without touching any organs.

Kimberly Boone has no prior arrest history in Seminole County and there were no notable calls for service to the couple's residence. Even neighbors could not believe there was a random home invasion on their quiet street.

"I was really shocked. It was kind of surprising. That kind of stuff doesn't go on around here," said neighbor, Randy Pasley.

That poor man, those poor kids. Crazy woman going to jail. At least they are safe now. I hope.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: The man that wouldn't die   The man that wouldn't die I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:59 am

Did you hear about that 36-year-old woman who was married to some 70-something guy and they were at the YMCA swimming and she wouldn't let him stop and he died of a heart attack? I can't remember where that happened but that killed me.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: The man that wouldn't die   The man that wouldn't die I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:44 am

I read that story, Em. I dont recall where it was either

That FLA woman, she isnt too subtle, is she? LOL
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: The man that wouldn't die   The man that wouldn't die I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:43 am

Did you SEE the YMCA woman/thing ???

O M G.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: The man that wouldn't die   The man that wouldn't die I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 3:20 am

Do you mean a picture? I saw the story but I don't think I saw a picture. I bet she's lovely.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: The man that wouldn't die   The man that wouldn't die I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:03 am

I missed that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The man that wouldn't die   The man that wouldn't die I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The man that wouldn't die
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: