Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I just read a weather report

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

I just read a weather report Empty
PostSubject: I just read a weather report   I just read a weather report I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:11 pm

of snow in Austin.

Emily, there's a dood on the weather forum from Round Rock.

Deb, are you an ice cube yet ???

Good Lawd. Dallas looks bad on radar. It looks like the ice is training in that area over a few hours. Everything must be coated, like glaze on a doughnut. UMMMM, glazed doughnuts.

I'm a dummie. Sitting here waiting for snow. I do it every time. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: I just read a weather report   I just read a weather report I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:18 pm

Dork. I put a box on my windshield so I wouldn't have so much scraping to do. It looks nasty out there. Real nasty. All schools are closed. If I wasn't at the hotel, I would NOT have been at work today. For real.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: I just read a weather report   I just read a weather report I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:57 pm

Last night it was kind of sleeting/freezing rain here and I thought we were going to get it bad but schools are delayed a couple of hours here and the roads don't look too bad, really. Dan went to work and I'm waiting for him to sign on to AIM so that I know he made it there. Most of his way there is on the toll road which is nothing more than an elevated road so he said he was going to try a different way to get there. The flyovers always ice and are horrible when it's slippery.

It's supposed to warm up later this morning so everything will melt. I think we got kinda lucky down this way.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: I just read a weather report   I just read a weather report I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:03 pm

I ended up walking to work. Could't get my car thawed. HAHA. It is pretty slickery out there for sure!
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: I just read a weather report   I just read a weather report I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:30 am

Debu wrote:
I ended up walking to work. Could't get my car thawed. HAHA. It is pretty slickery out there for sure!

What day is this post? Wed ? I am so friggin' screwed up, so are the date/time stamps on this thing. Not my fault, really! Did I post yesterday? urghhhhh.....
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: I just read a weather report   I just read a weather report I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:55 am

I posted that this morning darlin. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: I just read a weather report   I just read a weather report I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:31 am

Glenn went to work. I stayed up until 3 am. Mad

He called at 9:30 to say it was snowing in Shreveport. BULL !!!

Must be dandruff because I see nothing !!!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: I just read a weather report   I just read a weather report I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:38 am

I am going to take some pics and post them later.

Everything is closed here. Schools, the mall, the courts have closed, and I heard the mail wont be delivered.
Actually, in years past, I have seen more snow than this. It is still steadily coming down, too.

Some dumbass is trying to get up the incline in front of my townhouse and can not make it.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: I just read a weather report   I just read a weather report I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:34 am

Quote :
Some dumbass is trying to get up the incline in front of my townhouse and can not make it.

There is always one, isn't there?
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: I just read a weather report   I just read a weather report I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:05 am

I was looking at some street cams this morning.

O M G

Stay yo ass home !!!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: I just read a weather report   I just read a weather report I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:08 am

People across much of the country are battling a slippery mix of snow and ice today as a storm that stretches 1,400 miles across 26 states continues to leave its mark, causing at least 19 deaths.

The winter weather that lingered in Oklahoma and the Plains states earlier this week moved into the Northeast overnight, leaving countless commuters hammered by icy roads.

Cars have slid off roads. Power lines have collapsed under the weight of the ice. In some places, three inches of ice have piled up. Many schools are closed from Maryland to Maine as the storm travels east.

"The primary impacts will be to transportation," National Weather Service meteorologist Art Kraus told "Good Morning America" on Wednesday. "Many highways will be impassable or closed and we could have thousands or even hundreds of thousands of people without power."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just read a weather report   I just read a weather report I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I just read a weather report
Page 1 of 1