Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let's talk weather

Go down 
+2
Debu
Shelia
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:21 am

It's beautiful here today but the wind is kicking very hard. I can hear it in the fireplace making spooky sounds.

I think this is our Artic blast they predicted last week.

The house is suddenly feeling colder, I can feel the chill from the floor through my socks.

It's always colder when there are no clouds. Tonight should be really cold.

Bundle up girls. Those to the left of me, you feel it already, those to the right, it's coming.

Last edited by Shelia on Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:25 am

Ok Sheila, are you facing North OR South? that way I will know which side we are on!

It is cold here today, and gusty. Tomorrow it is gonna warm up to about 60, and then be cold again Thursday. It is coming your way!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:40 am

Temps started dropping here yesterday. It's supposed to really get cold tonight and tomorrow night too. I'm cold right now. I have a space heater in here trying to keep warm by it. I just turned the furnace up a little bit. They say a possibility of snow tomorrow night...they don't know what they're talking about. but I wish it would snow butt hole deep to a giraffe.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:47 am

I am north and east of you.

You should be feeling it, getting colder as the day goes on.

Hummer and Mable will probably get winds tomorrow.

Rosie is just plain snowed in. poor Girl.

Emily, are you having colder weather ??? It's supposed to dip near you too.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:48 am

I wish it would snow butt hole deep to a giraffe.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

I don't think I've heard that before.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:58 am

Ya know what's nice about this house ???

I have no windows on the north or south side.

The only light is in both bathrooms and they are sealed bubble glass.

All of the windows are on the east and west sides.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:10 am

Sheila...... I KNOW you are north and east of me. But when you address us as lefties and righties, well, I need to know which way you are facing, so I know if I am on your left side or right side. Silly. afro
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:24 am

Shelia wrote:
I wish it would snow butt hole deep to a giraffe.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

I don't think I've heard that before.

Laughing
Well I kinda cleaned it up a bit...actually the saying is ass hole deep to a giraffe.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:26 am

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!

You are on my left Deb with me facing north. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:35 am

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:41 am

Shelia wrote:

Emily, are you having colder weather ??? It's supposed to dip near you too.

It's sunny here today but I've had the fireplace on all morning. It says it's only 51 degrees.

I'm thinking about Chris way up north in Indiana. He's about 90 miles to the east of Chicago and the high there tomorrow is supposed to be 5 above with possible lake effect snow from Lake Michigan. I think they are under a blizzard warning right now.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 6:30 am

we have a blizzard warning right now too

I just got home a bit ago and the roads are just starting to get really bad.
I am in for the night

Sounds like Chris and I are getting the same thing. We are due for some record lows in the next few days too.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:34 am

they are already closing events for tonight and tomorrow

this is gonna be a doozy!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:42 am

Send some snow to Sheila!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:45 am

I'd like to have some snow too...We haven't had a really good snow fall is so long I've forgotten when it was. We're supposed to have it but since we've been in a drought for several years now I guess we'll just have to take nasty weather and be happy...Buy I sure would like to have some.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:49 am

I remember many winters with the snow and the frigid temperatures.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:52 am

This un ain't right either! Rosie needs warm, Shelia and Mable need snow...

That LA stuff is headed this way all right, windy starting tomorrow and COLD. Damn!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:19 am

Oh my. The cold is being called bitter.

Rosie is in for very very cold weather.

Hummer, you and Mable are going to get blasted too.

Get out some extra blankets.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:29 am

Shelia wrote:
Oh my. The cold is being called bitter.

Rosie is in for very very cold weather.

Hummer, you and Mable are going to get blasted too.

Get out some extra blankets.
Right now I'm too hot under the collar to need any extra blankets. But I will turn on the elec one when I calm down enough to go to bed.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:37 am

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

Don't worry Mable, she WILL feel the wrath. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:36 am

Mable calm yourself cus this just isnt worth you getting sick or something ok?
I know you are pissed though.

as I would be too
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:42 am

Rosie wrote:
Mable calm yourself cus this just isnt worth you getting sick or something ok?
I know you are pissed though.

as I would be too
Well it didn't help that I was already a little pissed to begin with . But this really set me off but now that I've told her what I really think of her I'm ok...now I may not go to sleep really quick when I go to bed but I'll just read some. It helped me knowing that all of you are behind me in this one. I never did anything to that woman but try to ignore her stupidity but when I said I was getting my life back she took it personally ...just like she always does cause everything is all about her...and no one else.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:04 pm

I love electric blankies when it is bitter cold. Hope all y'all are hunkered down!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:07 pm

Tomorrow I want to talk about electric mattress covers.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:49 pm

Shelia wrote:
Tomorrow I want to talk about electric mattress covers.

We have one of those memory foam pads on our mattress and with it and the electric blanket you dodn't need much else. That pad holds the heat in. Mine is just 2 inches thick so I leave it on even in the summer but my daughter has the 3 in. thick one and she has to take hers off in the summer. But I've known people who have the heated mattress covers. I think the laying on the coils would bother me. I turn my elec blanket on earlier and it warms the bed before I get in there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Let's talk weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's talk weather
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next