Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let's talk weather

Go down 
+2
Debu
Shelia
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hummer

hummer

Let's talk weather - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:48 pm

DAMB it's cold here and the front hasn't made it yet! I thought it had snowed overnight, the ice was so thick on the ground it looked like snow! That snow angel would have cut me to pieces.

I've had the electric mattress cover, you don't feel the coils Mable. They are wonderful! 'Specially with flannel sheets. I've bought 3 electric blackets in the last 5 years....no more, the bitches don't work for 2 years before they burn up or something. And those puppies aren't cheap.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:16 pm

hummer wrote:
DAMB it's cold here and the front hasn't made it yet! I thought it had snowed overnight, the ice was so thick on the ground it looked like snow! That snow angel would have cut me to pieces.

I've had the electric mattress cover, you don't feel the coils Mable. They are wonderful! 'Specially with flannel sheets. I've bought 3 electric blackets in the last 5 years....no more, the bitches don't work for 2 years before they burn up or something. And those puppies aren't cheap.

The last few we've gotten for some reason my side won't heat. I have my side set on H and it barely gets the chill off the sheets .Russells' side gets plenty warm. I just want it warm enough to take the initial chill off the sheets then I'm fine tho. I kinda like the coolness sometimes.
The last one we bought I think at WalMart was $89.00. we get the king size one tho...but none of them are cheap.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:42 pm

I bought the King too and mine did the same thing, then I just got a twin for Jeff's side. I usually like the warmth but the last few years I've gotten the "hot flashes" at night so I'd rather be be cooler.

Weird thing is, it's not like hot flashes any more. I feel nervy crawly like cold chills only it's not cold, lasts until I fall asleep then I wake up hot. I still think it's hormonal but I've never heard of anyone have those tingly feelings that run up and down your body.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:48 pm

Tim is seriously into energy conservation. and in the middle of a heater exchange. The new unit will be installed this weekend. Hence, it gets FREEZING in his lil house. He has a pier and beam, so the cold comes from the bottom, top, and sides. Now I love a chill in the air, and have no problem wearing sweats and sweaters inside to save some $$, but I draw the line when my fingers lose color because my hands are too cold. Inside. When his hot water heater was disconnected, we hit a cold spell. He bought a new space heater, that I am not scared of and went to Walmart and bought a Sunbeam electric blankee. I used to hate those damn things. Asthetics, you know. Well I tell you what, asthetics can be easily tossed out the window for a toasty bed to get into at night. I love that damn thing. Oh yeah, last cold front we had....it was 52 degrees. INSIDE.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:24 am

Debu wrote:
Tim is seriously into energy conservation. and in the . Oh yeah, last cold front we had....it was 52 degrees. INSIDE.

Russell would consider 52 a heat wave ...he always turns the furnace down to 50 at night. I have gotten to where I just let it go and stay warm on my own. Wear sweaters and long underwear..I don't use the thermal kind tho...I buy long rayon type pjs and use the bottoms under my pants. The thermal kind made it so hard to get my jeans or pants on and the outside would ride up on my legs...can't stand that. When myMama was living she had bought what was called "Pant liners" and I got them when she died. Worked great and they are very warm. It's almost like wearing something silk...but not that expensive.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:19 am

I have debated getting a mattress cover over an electric blanket.

I can't stand a heated bed, this is for Glenn.

Right now he has me putting this little electric throw under the bedspread on his side.

Every morning I have to take everything off of the bed, straighten the sheets, the blanket, position that throw then put on that heavy spread. It's getting to be a chore.

I figure I'll go with one or the other I just don't know which one.

So, if any of you own an electric mattress pad and or an electric blanket, let me know what you prefer.

BTW, I'm DYING over here. He had that heater on 67 last night. Covered with only a sheet I was sweating.

I got up and lowered it to 64. Still warm but at least I slept.

He's cold natured, I'm hot. It's hell for me all year long.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:34 am

Shelia wrote:
I have debated getting a mattress cover over an electric blanket.

I can't stand a heated bed, this is for Glenn.

Right now he has me putting this little electric throw under the bedspread on his side.

Every morning I have to take everything off of the bed, straighten the sheets, the blanket, position that throw then put on that heavy spread. It's getting to be a chore.

I figure I'll go with one or the other I just don't know which one.

So, if any of you own an electric mattress pad and or an electric blanket, let me know what you prefer.

BTW, I'm DYING over here. He had that heater on 67 last night. Covered with only a sheet I was sweating.

I got up and lowered it to 64. Still warm but at least I slept.

He's cold natured, I'm hot. It's hell for me all year long.

Which ever one you get be sure it has dual controls. Then you can't have snuggle time cause you'd be getting too hot on his side. ha ha ha lol!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:37 am

BWAHAHAHA !!!

That I didn't know. TANKS !!!!
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:17 am

Shelia wrote:
BWAHAHAHA !!!

That I didn't know. TANKS !!!!

Better go with the dual control blanket. I don't know if they have dual matress covers but it kinda sounds pointless. tongue

I feel for ya sista!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:25 am

It's a no win situation over here. I'm looking for him to be warm and comfortable.

He's cranky when he's cold. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:52 am

I agree--the dual control blanket.

I have a twin size elec throw that I use to get nice and warm when I am downstairs watching TV

When I go upstairs, I just jump under my down comforter which beats any elec blanket if you ask me.

I have used them for years now and wouldnt switch for nothing.

and trust me gals --it is 9 degrees right now and snowing like mad. I got home a bit ago and it took me 25 min to make a 10 min ride.

some car is stuck in the parking lot right now in a snow drift.

so.......who was it that wanted snow??? come and get it! plenty to go around and more 'acoming!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:23 am

I use a down comforter, too and love it. It's comfortable all year round.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:39 am

I had a down comforter and a down mattress pad. I gave the pad to Jonathan, got rid of the comforter, it was too hot.

Now might be a good time to get another one.

Thanks for the replies. It was very helpful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk weather   Let's talk weather - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's talk weather
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2