Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

steam floor cleaner

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosie

Rosie

steam floor cleaner Empty
PostSubject: steam floor cleaner   steam floor cleaner I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 1:23 am

does anyone have one?

I see one on HSN today as their special value.
I have been wanting one.

My friend has one and she loves it. Her floors look good

I cant do the mopping thing very well anymore--it just kills my back and I really dont have a very big area to mop.

I have the kitchen and both bathrooms

one bathroom is hooked on to the kitchen and it is my laundry room too.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: steam floor cleaner   steam floor cleaner I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:14 am

I don't have one but I'm curious to know if they work well also.

I'm searching for a good upright floor only vacuum. I am having a hard time keeping my floors as clean as I would like. I need something less physical than a big dust mop and with enough suction to clean the dirt in those grooves. I'm sweeping 2 times a day and I have a lot of floor.

The Roomba works but the sound it makes gets on my nerves. That thing has to run an hour or two around here plus it makes my cats crazy.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: steam floor cleaner   steam floor cleaner I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:14 am

Are you talking about the Shark Steam cleaner? I have that one...it works great and you wouldn't believe the dirt that comes off your floors. Janice said that Belk in Gulfport had them for $79 I think Anyway her mother had been wanting it and so she was going to get that for her for Mothers' day.
I ordered mine from tv...or saw it on tv then went to the web site ...took forever to get it but when it did get here Russell and I both love it. He has started doing the kitchen floor Even that bothers my back but I think it's the standing that long that really bothers my back ...I have to do things in between resting if it requires standing a lot. But I think you'll love it too...
To keep the pads clean we've started putting them in the washer...it says not to wash them with bleach but we do . Haven't noticed any difference in them either. I did order extra pads when I ordered mine. So if you get one get yourself more pads..
One of the Big Lot stores here had a steam cleaner marked down and I'm thinking it was the shark one but not sure.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: steam floor cleaner   steam floor cleaner I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:17 am

Shelia wrote:
I don't have one but I'm curious to know if they work well also.

I'm searching for a good upright floor only vacuum. I am having a hard time keeping my floors as clean as I would like. I need something less physical than a big dust mop and with enough suction to clean the dirt in those grooves. I'm sweeping 2 times a day and I have a lot of floor.

The Roomba works but the sound it makes gets on my nerves. That thing has to run an hour or two around here plus it makes my cats crazy.

I see a Dyson vacuum advertised on tv a lot...it's on a ball not wheels so they say it'll turn easier...and they say it has great suction.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: steam floor cleaner   steam floor cleaner I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:28 am

the one on HSN is Bissell http://www.hsn.com/todays-special_xh.aspx...

I called both Target and Walmart and neither had them in the store but I could order it online. They both wanted 79 dollars then whatever the shipping would be.

SO I went ahead and ordered this one from HSN since I would have to order online anyhow. I got the blue one

It comes with 2 pads. I dont think I will use the mint oil lol

and the payments are divided up.

I hear the Shark products are very good. I see them on TV alot. If I like this, I might have to invest in the small hand held one for the tub. I gave up doing the tub. I make Joey do it..and let's just say his definition of "clean" and mine are very different.

I have to do the chore, sit, do more chore, sit again, etc...too

Sheila, I cant help much with that. I have heard the Dyson is the best one on the market though.
I have been cleaning out closets and needless to say I am sore.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: steam floor cleaner   steam floor cleaner I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:40 am

Shocked

Did you see the prices on those things ??? $400 - $500.

GOOD LAWD. You can get one refurbished for under $300.

I'm looking for something a little cheaper. Okay a lot cheaper. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: steam floor cleaner   steam floor cleaner I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:55 am

I found a Bissell on HSN too.

steam floor cleaner Versus

It has a good suction and looking at the reviews on some other sites it may be just what I'm looking for.

And it's only around $70. OOOPS, event price $60.

I have a good vacumm with attacments but it's a bitch to haul it into every room. It's bulky and heavy.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: steam floor cleaner   steam floor cleaner I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:22 am

We have a Kirby vacuum cleaner ...it's a great machine but it's one that you have to kiss it's butt everytime you want to use an attachment. Have to get down and take the brush head off then put the attachment hose on there ...a lot more stooping and bending than I'm willing to do . And it was supposed to be on sale when we got it and it was still $1400.00...Needless to say the saleperson was good at their job. It will become a carpet cleaner too but again there is a lot of butt kissing to get it converted ...It does clean the carpet but I wouldn't "advise" anyone else to buy one.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: steam floor cleaner   steam floor cleaner I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:33 am

I saw the Shark last night. They are including a steam iron in the purchase.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: steam floor cleaner   steam floor cleaner I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

steam floor cleaner
Page 1 of 1