Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is anything going on over on the other board ???

Go down 
+2
hummer
Shelia
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Emily

Emily

Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:28 am

Ha ha Shelia - like Deb, I never even thought about you talking about us behind our backs.

You were helping her through a rough spot? Isn't her whole life a rough spot? What's the deal with her mom? And her dad? She says her mom is a plastic surgeon (???) and her dad was some high up politician in the town where they lived. Or is that part of her imagination, too?

Ehhh, I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm pretty oblivious to most things and don't catch on real quickly. I'm not saying I'm dumb so much but just don't catch the little things.

However, I did impress Dan the other day. He has been trying for months (more like years) to be able to print wirelessly from his laptop and he would work on that for hours, adjusting the settings, blah, blah, blah and he finally just gave up. I was reading my Vista book the other day and it gave very simple instructions on how to set that up. So I did it. And I'm sitting across the room frmo the printer and I sent something to the printer and the printer started going and he looked at me, looked at the printer and he said "How did you do that?"

I said RTFB!!!!!! (That's waht he always says to me).
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:33 am

BWAHAHAHAHA !!

The boy knows everything that's going on.

It's human nature Deb. We women are creatures of habit. We talk about everything.

I feel bad telling Rosie what I did. I should not have said one word about that.

I want you all to make your own decisions about her and Ron.

There are things though that just din't jive. I don't want to see any of you suckered in like I was.

Jonathan says she's a bad person trying to hide it. I do believe it's true. But guess what ??? My peeps here believed her too so I'm not thinking I'm so dumb after all.

One more thing, about her working at Walmart ???

She claimed Ron stopped her from getting better jobs. She said he wanted to pick her hours and if he didn't like them, no new job. Her hours at Walmart were all over the place.

She often told me he said she could stay home and didn't have to work.

Make up your mind now.

She does claim to be some kind of banking person, I'm not sure what but that back home she made $24 an hour. You know me, I said hell go home and git ya some !!!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:36 am

EMILY !!!! I did it to !!!!

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!

Damn right I read the fucking book !!!!

Okay, I'll tell ya'll the mother/ father thing when I get back.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:38 am

What's so funny is that last Thanksgiving when Dan and I went to the Beau Rivage and I told them, they didn't even talk about getting together or meeting or anything. And it didn't bother me one bit because Dan would have hated being a part of those plans but there's no way he would have let me go alone because of his suspicions about Ron.

I almost went to Wal-Mart just to see her but I didn't. She told me afterwards that if I would have done that, she would most likely have been rude to me because she takes her work VERY seriously. Okay, whatever.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:40 am

EMILY!!!!! RTFB!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!

lol!

Sheila, stop beating yourself up. S'all good boo, really!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:01 am

I don't believe half the shit she told me. I found too many inconsistencies in her stories. At the time I didn't notice. Looking back now it was right in my face.[/quote]

I've always heard that hindsight is 20/20...guess this just proves it. But wouldn't life be boring without all this stuff we have to look back on that we now see? And how good is it that we can all talk about it and clear the air of all her lies and be able to say something to each other without being afraid of getting between friends .
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:32 am

I know that I have formed my own opinion of Rachelle ...and I think I did that way back when I was first asked to join the jerks group. I didn't say anything to anybody about my thoughts . I've always been one to just sit back and watch and read what one posts or says if in person and form my own opinions of people. I guess I am a lurker...
I have really admired/loved everybody from the get go. Didn't really know Shelia and Rosie until the jerks board ...we seemed to really hit it off from the beginning and I have known Em and Deb and Hummer from the Katrina board. I would love to meet every one of you in person. Woudn't take anything in the world for meeting Hummer...That was the best part of my trip to Hilton Head.
I have really felt like I've become good friends with everyone . I don't think for one minute any of us have talked behind anyones' back . I did sorta feel Rosie out about coming in with us but I don't think I betrayed any confidences. If I did I'm sorry I surely didn't mean to.
After this mess with Ron and Rachelle blows over if it ever does we can get on with our everyday lives and still have loads of fun. And have someone online that we can confide in and know that we have help working thru our everyday problems ...like how to deal with slob daughters in law.
I am really thankful to the jerks board for being one of this group but that is as far as it goes. I often thought it would be good to have a msg. board that just us girls could talk on without those men nosing around .
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:24 am

This is gonna be long, should have read everything I've missed on the other threads up until this point but...sometimes I forget what I want to say by the time I get through reading it all.

I'm going to speak honestly here so hang on,k?

I don't care if anyone talks about me behind my back. Got nothing to hide. And I'm not that interesting. I take criticizism very well, if done constructively. Helps me grow as a person.

Mable, thanks lady, but the honor was mine when I got to meet you. I want to meet each and every one of you. I would have loved to meet Denise and Scottie and a few others from the old forum. I like peeps.

Now the biggy. You guys hurt my feelings when you talk about my size. I know it's not meant to be hurtful, we're playing! But it makes me uncomfortable. It's my problem, it's a life long issue and I can't explain it well because it sounds ridiculous or vain.

I was a fat kid with a fat mom that lived to diet. She obssesed over weight. She put me on my first diet at age 10, dry melba toast and water. I swore I would never be heavy because it wasn't worth the worrying over. Instead of not caring about eating too much I never ate. I got thin and never looked back. I purged with laxatives for 30 years. I also weighed 110lbs all of my adult life.

Then I quit smoking, gained 50 lbs and felt like crap. I couldn't move, couldn't walk up the stairs and had to buy new clothes. Instead of accepting the fact that for the first time in my life I wasn't afraid to eat, afraid my man wouldn't love me, afraid that I wasn't cute, I began to focus on the REAL issue. Being that heavy for a small-boned person is unhealthy. I'm 51, not 30 and Jeff (just recently) told a friend he didn't ever want me to be that small again because he felt like I was finally happy. And that's the truth of it. I may have said some things in the past that sounded needy but I went through a real transition recently and did feel very insecure about my physical appearance. I'm OVER it. lol!

I am 5'1" and now weigh 130, I want to lose at least 10 more pounds. Please understand that although I might SOUND small, I'm supposed to be. With HEALTHY eating habits. 20 lbs on a short person can equate to 60 on a larger frame. I'm short. See?

If you guys don't let me share MY weight stories then I can't post to your diet threads because it sounds like I'm being....what's the word? Smug?

I know you don't mean it that way. Hell, it DOES feed the ego when you call me petite! But it's all relative and it's genetic. Like Shelia's red hair. I was always envious of natural redheads.

Pamela is a big girl, big boned. It always hurt her feelings when her friends would say things like "does your mom have her clothes special made" or "you take after your dad" crap like that. I HAD A MENTAL PROBLEM! Bulemia. I never failed to tell Pamela what gorgeous legs she has or what a good mom she is or how I envy her big brown eyes. But I always also say that it's what's inside that matters. Love yourself and the rest will follow.

Emily, when you talk about your weight it breaks my heart. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL inside and out. Dan the Marlboro man loves you for you and that is WONDERFUL. Feel good about you because I would give anything to have your wit and your humor and your gift for writing.

Shelia, girl...you are too funny! I want to participate in your adventures and discuss the pros and cons of treadmills.

Hell, I don't know what I'm trying to say. If I were Deb Piper, I'd know!

Okay, guess I'm cleansed. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:25 am

Dan and one of his friends used to call oral sex mashed potatoes and gravy. Ick!>>

Joe and his buddies call getting some sex- burgers and fries. Wonder what it is with the food association?? LOL

Shelia--dont worry about telling she said I looked like a lesbian. I DID pry it out of you cus I had to know. I can take it personally though cus apparently she has something nasty to say about everyone.
I am ok with me and that is all that counts! pfft to her! Her problem is she is not comfortable with herself and probably never will.

From what I heard previously, from Ron, was that his house was knocked off the foundation by Katrina and was not fixable. He showed pics of it.

I am guessing he didnt have any insurance on it or they wouldnt be in a FEMA trailer.

smelling like popcorn? hhmm... that is a new one.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:31 am

Humms..

I dont know if I ever said anything about your weight and if I did, I surely didnt mean to hurt you. I am so sorry if I ever did.

I am no skinny minny so I have no room to talk about anyone else's weight!

((hugs))
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:39 am

Rosie wrote:
Humms..

I dont know if I ever said anything about your weight and if I did, I surely didnt mean to hurt you. I am so sorry if I ever did.

I am no skinny minny so I have no room to talk about anyone else's weight!

((hugs))

I knew that was gonna come out wrong. I know it is stupid and I don't mean I'm crying over it. It hurts me to think other people think my size is easy or ideal. Make more sense?

Shit, nevermind.

Love ya Rosie...now I sound like Rachelle!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:54 am

Darlin Hummah.. (spelled phonetically for Sheila's pronunciation Smile....I couldn't of said what you said any better than you said it.

I think you are a-dor-a-ble. And you will ALWAYS be petite to me, on account of I am ONE WHOLE INCH taller than you. YAY me! I know what you are saying about short peeps, and let me just say I got a bit more than that to lose, but I am ON IT! ha!

I been down every diet road...remember the banana diet? bleck! I never did the laxatives, but I did do the speed. Yup.

Now, I just wanna be healthy that is it.

Sug, haven't we all been saying we want to be comfy in our own skin, and that is our motivation? Well, come on down and get on the comfy train. choo chOO!!!!!

flower
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:12 am

Debu wrote:
Darlin Hummah.. (spelled phonetically for Sheila's pronunciation Smile....I couldn't of said what you said any better than you said it.

I think you are a-dor-a-ble. And you will ALWAYS be petite to me, on account of I am ONE WHOLE INCH taller than you. YAY me! I know what you are saying about short peeps, and let me just say I got a bit more than that to lose, but I am ON IT! ha!

I been down every diet road...remember the banana diet? bleck! I never did the laxatives, but I did do the speed. Yup.

Now, I just wanna be healthy that is it.

Sug, haven't we all been saying we want to be comfy in our own skin, and that is our motivation? Well, come on down and get on the comfy train. choo chOO!!!!!

flower

Thank you debu! That's what I'm talkin' about!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:20 am

I can take it personally though cus apparently she has something nasty to say about everyone.
>>>>>>>>>>>>

correction: make that CANT take it personally.

Humms yes -what you said makes perfect sense!
150 lbs on a 6 ft person is entirely different than the same weight on a 5 ft person.

I love yas too Smile
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:26 am

Rosie wrote:
I can take it personally though cus apparently she has something nasty to say about everyone.
>>>>>>>>>>>>

correction: make that CANT take it personally.

Humms yes -what you said makes perfect sense!
150 lbs on a 6 ft person is entirely different than the same weight on a 5 ft person.

I love yas too Smile

I've never even seen what you look like Rosie, you posted your pic twice I think but I go the red x.

Doesn't matter. I just can't believe someone would say something about another persons looks. What was the context, I'm lost. She said something about my daughter and the rest went over my head lol!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:28 am

((hugs))[/quote]

I knew that was gonna come out wrong. I know it is stupid and I don't mean I'm crying over it. It hurts me to think other people think my size is easy or ideal. Make more sense?

When I said you're tiny it sure wasn't meant to be hurtful. I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings. I think one reason I saw you as little is that BIG TRUCK you were driving. Russell and I both were just amazed at the way you handled that thing when you were backing out of that parking place there at the hotel or motel or what ever that place was. Condo is what it was. .But anyway I don't want to make you feel like you can't post to the dieting or any of the other threads .
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:14 am

Maboe Shortt wrote:
((hugs))

When I said you're tiny it sure wasn't meant to be hurtful. I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings. I think one reason I saw you as little is that BIG TRUCK you were driving. Russell and I both were just amazed at the way you handled that thing when you were backing out of that parking place there at the hotel or motel or what ever that place was. Condo is what it was. .But anyway I don't want to make you feel like you can't post to the dieting or any of the other threads .[/quote]

Oh shoot! I'm sorry, I didn't mean it the way it came out. I just don't know what to say when someone says I'm tiny, it's kinda embarrasing. My dad used to say they pack dynamite in small packages! His mother was just over 4 feet tall. The boys would say "mama, don't do that, you'll hurt yourself... and she'd roll her eyes and get her cast iron skillet after 'um.

My dad is small too, 5'6" and 140 lbs.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:26 am

My dad used to say they pack dynamite in small packages! His mother was just over 4 feet tall.

Well there you go ...dynamite.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:31 am

Awww Hummer - I love you girlie - I hope I have never hurt your feelings because I sure didn't mean to. I knew I liked you way back when, when I was talking about painting my living room and you offered to come and help because you said you liked to paint. I don't know why I remember that, but I do. Thanks for saying all the nice things. I never see myself that way.

What is it with us women and our weight? I'm so tired of fighting the battle but I'm just not healthy this way. I'm not comfortable, either. Everything hurts. But I too grew up in a dysfunctional weight sort of family with all of the snide comments from the parents and grandparents and teachers and friends. It's amazing how that just screws up a young girl's head. And it's not right.

But hey - my hair is now down to my shoulders - it's never been that long. I actually like my hair now.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:04 am

No.1

There will be NO posting while I'm gone. :face

Emily, Rachelle was in a panic about your trip to the coast. She knew Ron would not go anywhere to meet ya'll, she couldn't go meet you, she doesn't drive and as far as seeing you at Walmart, that I didn't get. That's all I know about that.

Shorty, I liked you LONG before you showed up on our board. First I thought you were a man Shocked then I thought you were some young chick. You're humor and sassiness made you one of us.

Ms. Wicked, Rosie, you look like my sister Belinda. I miss her more than I care to admit. She was my best friend, I thought, forever. She chose to part ways with me. You have her humor, I saw it right away. She is not a lesbian either. Smile

Deb, what can I say. You make me laugh at myself. I love you.

Hummer, I am the one most guilty of calling you skinny, little, and petite. I thought you were born that way. I had no idea. I'm sorry, I will try not to be jealous of your small, slim frame in the future. Very Happy

I was the biggest in my family. I look like a giant compared to my sisters. They are barely 5 feet tall where I'm 5/5 and a half. They wear cute little size 5 shoes, I wear a 9, they wear small sizes, I wear big girl clothes.

During my pregnancies, my nickname came from my BIL, he called me Tank.

I've been skinny, I've been fat, I've been just right but mostly I try to be me. I am the same no matter what package I wear. That is a fact.

I lived in the shadow of sisters that were professional and very outgoing. I was the shy lone child happy to be alone. Not much has changed.

I may not have been what others thought I should be but I have been true to myself. I am what I want to be.

This board is great. I feel so much better saying what I think instead of thinking before I post.

Happy New Year, let's love ourselves because we should !!!!
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:11 am

Emily wrote:
Awww Hummer - I love you girlie - I hope I have never hurt your feelings because I sure didn't mean to. I knew I liked you way back when, when I was talking about painting my living room and you offered to come and help because you said you liked to paint. I don't know why I remember that, but I do. Thanks for saying all the nice things. I never see myself that way.

What is it with us women and our weight? I'm so tired of fighting the battle but I'm just not healthy this way. I'm not comfortable, either. Everything hurts. But I too grew up in a dysfunctional weight sort of family with all of the snide comments from the parents and grandparents and teachers and friends. It's amazing how that just screws up a young girl's head. And it's not right.

But hey - my hair is now down to my shoulders - it's never been that long. I actually like my hair now.

I didn't know how high your ceilings were! j/k

I'd love to see a pic of your hair longer. You have such a nice face for any type of cut or style I've seen you wear. I like it longer though, what I've seen.

Speaking of weight, have you noticed all of the ads on web pages for getting skinny? Sure you have, you'd have to be blind to miss it. The one inch rule...yada yada. On myspace this one pops up that says "At 51, our special diet is just for you!" Dumb butts. I'm not just overweight I'm OLD. hahahaha!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:57 am

Shit man. Sheila, I swear I am a hobbit, aside from the hairy feet. HAHA! I always wanted to be an elf. But, hell, if the Hobbits can save the world, I am cool with that! I actually think this time I might lose weight, only because now I am concerned for my health and not worried about my size. I mean hell, if I keep going the way I am, it ain't gonna be a pretty sight. I would like to squeeze an inch, not 6! My doc is gonna kick my ass, maybe I can convince her I have a bum thyroid?

Emillllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I want a picture, and I want one STAT!

Y'all, we are one silly crew for sure. And I wouldn't change a thing!
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:01 am

My doc is gonna kick my ass, maybe I can convince her I have a bum thyroid?

My poor mama tried that one too, didn't work.

Emillllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I want a picture, and I want one STAT!

ditto

Y'all, we are one silly crew for sure. And I wouldn't change a thing!

Just playing around trying to see if my posts look screwy when I cut and post.

It didn't highlight per usual because I cut the <quote> at the end. BUT it added an "X" so I could delete it if I want to. Wait, maybe it does it all the time and I didn't notice. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by hummer on Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:03 am

OH DAMB !!!!

I wrote a whole post and it went poof !!!

I'll be back.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:15 am

Happy New Year, let's love ourselves because we should !!!![/quote]

CHEERS! flower

(I wasn't offended Shelia, you were just being your sweet open self. I promise to try not to be embarrassed any more. But if you say I don't have enough padding I'm gonna post a pic of my cottage cheese thighs...it ain't purty!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anything going on over on the other board ???   Is anything going on over on the other board ??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is anything going on over on the other board ???
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next